Select one of the 2 subsections of UniProtKB to search in, or select both to search all of UniProtKB.
- Swiss-Prot Searches among manually curated entries. These are the entries marked as "reviewed" in UniprotKB.
- TrEMBL Searches among computationally analyzed entries that have been annotated using automated systems. These are the entries marked "unreviewed" in UniprotKB.
A single search field is presented by default. Click on "Add search parameters" to add more.
The following options are available:
- All fields Search for the term provided in all fields available at the UniProtKB website https://www.uniprot.org/.
- Accession Search for entry accessions.
- Protein Names Search for terms in protein names.
- Gene Names Search for terms in gene names.
- Organism Search for terms in organism names.
- Created Search for entries created within the period specified from a drop-down list.
- Modified Search for entries modified within the period specified from a drop-down list.
- Protein existence. Search for entries with the evidence level specified from a drop-down list.
Click on the Start search button to run the search.
Information about entries meeting all the conditions specified is returned in a table. No data is downloaded at this point. Working with these results, including downloading entries, is described in Handling of UniProt search results.
The search you just set up can be saved by doing one of the following:
- Choose Save As... from under the File menu, or
- Click on the tab of the search view and drag and drop it into a folder in the Navigation Area.
These actions save the search query. (It does not save the search results.)
This can be useful when you run the same searches periodically.