By default, the first 50 entries found in UniProtKB that met all the search conditions are returned in the results table. Clicking on the More... button at the bottom right loads further results.
The default value of 50 can be changed. See Preferences for details.
For each entry, the following information is provided:
- Hit The position of the entry in the results. E.g. 1 for the first entry in the list returned, 2 for the second, and so on.
- Accession The accession of the entry. Clicking on the link opens the entry's page at the UniprotKB website.
- ID The ID of the entry. Clicking on the link opens the entry's page at the UniprotKB website.
- Protein Names The protein names and synonyms.
- Gene Names The names of the gene(s) encoding the protein.
- Organism The scientific name and synonyms of the source organism.
- Created The date the entry was created.
- Modified The date of the latest annotation update.
- Length The length of the canonical sequence.
- Protein Existence The level of evidence supporting the existence of the protein.
- Pubmed Entries The list of Pubmed IDs mapped to the entry. Clicking on the link opens a page listing these Pubmed entries.
- Reviewed Either "reviewed" for entries in Swiss-Prot, or "unreviewed" for entries in TrEMBL.
The columns displayed can be customized using in the side panel settings. See section View preference style sheet for details.
If you wish to open webpages for several entries at once, highlight the rows of interest and click on the Open at UniProt button.
Entries from UniprotKB can be downloaded and saved, or downloaded and opened, directly in the viewing area. When opened directly, the entries are not saved until you take explicit action to do so (see Save changes in a view).
Downloading many large files may take some time. The download process can be stopped from under the Processes tab (see Processes tab and Status bar).
To download and save entries, select the rows of interest and then do one of the following:
- Click on the Download and Save button. You will be prompted for a location to save the entries to.
- Right-click over a selected area and choose the option Download and Save from the menu presented.
- Drag the row(s) to a folder in the Navigation Area.
- Copy (Ctrl-C) to copy the entry information. Click on a folder in the Navigation Area and then paste (Ctrl-V).
The selected entries are downloaded from UniprotKB. Multiple entries selected at the same time are saved to a single protein sequence list.
To download and open entries directly in the viewing area, select the rows of interest and then do one of the following:
- Click on the Download and Open button.
- Right-click over a selected area and choose the option Download and Open from the menu presented.
- Drag the row(s) until the mouse cursor is next to an existing tab in the view area. When the mouse button is released, a new tab is opened, and the selected entries are downloaded and opened in that tab.
Double-clicking on a single row will download and open that entry.