The General preferences include:
- Undo Limit The default number of undo actions is 500.
Undoing and redoing actions is described in Undo/redo).
- Audit Support If this option is checked, all manual editing of sequences will be marked with an annotation on the sequence (figure 4.2). Placing the mouse on the annotation will reveal additional details about the change made to the sequence (see figure 4.3). Note that no matter whether Audit Support is checked or not, all changes are recorded in the History log () (see History and Element Info views).
- Number of hits The number of hits shown in CLC Genomics Workbench, when e.g. searching NCBI. (The sequences shown in the
program are not downloaded, until they are opened or dragged/saved
into the Navigation Area).
- Locale Setting Specify which country you are located in. This determines how punctuation is used in numbers.
- Show Dialogs Many information dialogs have a checkbox with the option: "Never show this dialog again". If you have checked such a box, but later decide you wish to see these notifications, click on the Show Dialogs button.
- Usage information When this item is checked, anonymous information is shared with QIAGEN about how the Workbench is used. This option is enabled by default.
The information shared with QIAGEN is:
- Launch information (operating system, product, version, and memory available)
- The names of the tools and workflows launched (but not the parameters or the data used)
- Errors (but without any information that could lead to loss of privacy: file names and organisms will not be logged)
- Installation and removal of plugins and modules
- An installation ID. This allows us to group events coming from the same installation. It is not possible to connect this ID to personal or license information.
- A geographic location. This is predicted based on the IP-address. We do not store IP-addresses after location information has been extracted.
- A time stamp