To download a static license for a machine that does not have direct access to the external network, you can follow the steps below:
- Install the CLC Genomics Workbench on the machine you wish to run the software on.
- Start up the software as an administrative user and find the host ID of the machine that you will run the CLC Workbench on. You can see the host ID of the machine at the bottom of the License Assistant window in grey text, or, if working in Viewing Mode, by launching the License Manager from under the Workbench Help menu option.
- Make a copy of this host ID such that you can use it on a machine that has internet access.
- Go to a computer with internet access, open a browser window and go to the network license download web page1.2:
- Paste in your license order ID and the host ID that you noted down in the relevant boxes on the web page.
- Click on 'Download License' and save the resulting .lic file.
- Open the Workbench on your non-networked machine. In the Workbench license manager choose 'Import a license from a file'. In the resulting dialog click on the 'Choose License File' button and then locate and selct the .lic file you have just downloaded.
If the License Manager does not start up by default, you can start it up by going to the menu option:
Help | License Manager ()
- Click on the Next button and go through the remaining steps to install the license.
- ... page1.2
- For CLC Genomics Workbench 5.x and earlier or CLC Main Workbench 6.7.x and earlier, the license download page URL is http://licensing.clcbio.com/LmxWSv1/GetLicenseFile