This section explains the view settings of graphs. The Graph preferences at the top of the Side Panel includes the following settings:
- Lock axes This will always show the axes even though the plot is zoomed to a detailed level.
- Frame Shows a frame around the graph.
- Show legends Shows the data legends.
- Tick type Determine whether tick lines should be shown outside or inside the frame.
- Tick lines at Choosing Major ticks will show a grid behind the graph.
- Horizontal axis range Sets the range of the horizontal axis (x axis). Enter a value in Min and Max, and press Enter. This will update the view. If you wait a few seconds without pressing Enter, the view will also be updated.
- Vertical axis range Sets the range of the vertical axis (y axis). Enter a value in Min and Max, and press Enter. This will update the view. If you wait a few seconds without pressing Enter, the view will also be updated.
Certain types of graphs can additionally contain the following settings:
- X-axis at zero. This will draw the x axis at y = 0. Note that the axis range will not be changed.
- Y-axis at zero. This will draw the y axis at x = 0. Note that the axis range will not be changed.
- Show as histogram. For some data-series it is possible to see the graph as a histogram rather than a line plot.
The representation of the data is configured in the bottom area, e.g. line widths, dot types, colors, etc. For graphs of multiple data series, the series to apply the settings to can be selected from a drop down list.
- Dot type Can be None, Cross, Plus, Square, Diamond, Circle, Triangle, Reverse triangle, or Dot.
- Dot color Click the color box to select a color.
- Line width Thin, Medium or Wide
- Line type None, Line, Long dash or Short dash
- Line color Click the color box to select a color.
The graph and axes titles can be edited simply by clicking with the mouse. These changes will be saved when you Save () the graph - whereas the changes in the Side Panel need to be saved explicitly.