The search result is presented as a list of links to the files in the NCBI database. The View displays 50 hits at a time (can be changed in the Preferences. More hits can be displayed by clicking the More... button at the bottom right of the View.
Each structure hit is represented by text in three columns:
- Protein chains
- Release date.
It is possible to exclude one or more of these columns by adjust the View preferences for the database search view. Furthermore, your changes in the View preferences can be saved. See section View preference style sheet.
Several structures can be selected, and by clicking the buttons in the bottom of the search view, you can do the following:
- Download and open. Download and open immediately.
- Download and save. Download and save lets you choose location for saving structure.
- Open at NCBI. Open additional information on the selected structure at NCBI's web page.
Double-clicking a hit will download and open the structure. The hits can also be copied into the View Area or the Navigation Area from the search results by drag and drop, copy/paste or by using the right-click menu as described below.
- Drag and drop from structure search results
- Download structure search results using right-click menu
- Copy/paste from structure search results