The default colors apply if nothing else has been specified in the Hierarchical view
below (see Hierarchical view
- Atom type. Colors the atoms individually.
- Carbon: Light grey
- Oxygen: Red
- Hydrogen: White
- Nitrogen: Light blue
- Sulphur: Yellow
- Chlorine, Boron: Green
- Phosphorus, Iron, Barium: Orange
- Sodium: Blue
- Magnesium: Forest green
- Zn, Cu, Ni, Br: Brown
- Ca, Mn, Al, Ti, Cr, Ag: Dark grey
- F, Si, Au: Goldenrod
- Iodine: Purple
- Lithium: firebrick
- Helium: Pink
- Other: Deep pink
- Entities. This will color protein subunits and additional structures individually. Using the
view table, the user may select which colors are used to color subunits.
- Rainbow. This color mode will color the structure with rainbow colors along the sequence.
- Residue hydrophobicity. Colors the residues according to hydrophobicity.
In the Settings
group, you can specify the background color to use. Default is black.