The Assembly ID annotation on sequences is used by many tools of the module to group sequences into meaningful entities, e.g. to group all contigs of a draft assembly. Tools that are aware of this annotation include
Using the Assembly ID annotation
- Bin Pangenomes by Sequence
- Create K-mer Tree
- Create MLST Scheme
- Create Taxonomic Profiling Index
- Find Best Matches using K-mer Spectra
- Find Prokaryotic Genes
- Open the table view of a sequence list.
- Select all rows corresponding to sequences that form a logical unit.
- Right-click on the selection and choose Assign annotations, see figure 24.1.
- Select Assembly ID from the dropdown menu in the Name field, see figure 24.2.
- Enter a string in the Value field to uniquely identify the assembly.
Figure 24.1: Select the sequences forming a logical unit and right-click on the selection to assign annotations to these sequences.
Figure 24.2: Select Assembly ID from the dropdown menu in the Name field and enter a string to uniquely identify the assembly in the Value field.