There are a few extra steps needed when upgrading to a new major version line beyond those outlined in Upgrading an existing installation.
Upgrading between major versions
- Download a license file valid for the new major version on a single server, or on the master server in a job node or grid node setup, if this has not already been done. See Downloading a license.
- Delete old license files. License files can be found in a folder called "licenses" under the installation area of the CLC Server.
- Restart the CLC Server service. See Starting and stopping the server.
- All users of client software (CLC Workbenches and the CLC Server Command Line Tools) must upgrade their software. Corresponding and compatible software versions are listed at the bottom of the Latest Improvement listings for a given server version. e.g. for the latest release, this can be found at: https://digitalinsights.qiagen.com/products/qiagen-clc-genomics-server/latest-improvements/current-line/.
- All plugins installed on the CLC Server need to be updated. See Server plugins.
- On job nodes, any new tools included in the server upgrade will need to be enabled for the nodes you wish them to be run on. New tools are initially disabled on all job nodes to avoid interfering with a setup where certain nodes are dedicated to running specific types of jobs. Read more about enabling tools on job nodes in Configuring your setup.
Configuration updates required when upgrading to CLC Genomics Server 22.0 or higher
If you have configured custom listening port or SSL settings, these need to be reconfigured after upgrading to CLC Server 22.0 and above from older release lines (21.x and earlier), due to an update to Tomcat.
- Configuring a custom listening port is described in Changing the listening port.
- Enabling SSL is described in Enabling SSL on the server.
When upgrading, a backup of your previous configuration will have been saved to
conf/server.xml.backup, under the installation area. This file can be referred to for information relevant for configuring the new