- An updated license file needs to be downloaded and installed.
- Old license files should be deleted. License files can be found in a folder called "licenses" under the installation area of the CLC Server.
- The CLC Server service needs to be restarted.
- All users of client software (CLC Workbenches and the CLC Server Command Line Tools) must upgrade their software. Corresponding and compatible software versions are listed at the bottom of the Latest Improvement listings for a given server version. e.g. for the latest release, this can be found at: https://digitalinsights.qiagen.com/products/qiagen-clc-genomics-server/latest-improvements/current-line/.
- All plugins installed on the CLC Server need to be updated. See Server plugins.
- On job nodes, any new tools included in the server upgrade will need to be enabled for the nodes you wish them to be run on. New tools are initially disabled on all job nodes to avoid interfering with a setup where certain nodes are dedicated to running specific types of jobs. Read more about enabling tools on job nodes in Configuring your setup.
If you have configured custom listening port or SSL settings, these need to be reconfigured after upgrading to CLC Server 22.0 and above from older release lines (21.x and earlier), due to an update to Tomcat.
- Configuring a custom listening port is described in Changing the listening port.
- Enabling SSL is described in Enabling SSL on the server.
When upgrading, a backup of your previous configuration will have been saved to
conf/server.xml.backup, under the installation area. This file can be referred to for information relevant for configuring the new