To download a static license for a machine that does not have direct access to the external network, you can follow the steps below after the CLC Server software has been installed.
- Determine the host ID of the machine the server software will be running on. This can be done by running the license download tool, which prints the host ID of the system to the terminal. The name of this tool depends on the system you are working on:
- Linux: downloadlicense
- Mac: downloadlicense.command
- Windows: licensedownload.bat
In the case of a job or grid node setup, the host ID should be for the machine that will act as the CLC Server master node, as this is the machine the server license file will be stored on.
- Make a copy of this host ID such that you can use it on a machine that has internet access.
- Go to a computer with internet access, open a browser window and go to the server license download web page2.1:
- Paste in your license order ID and the host ID that you noted down earlier into the relevant boxes on the webpage.
- Click on 'download license' and save the resulting .lic file.
On the machine with the host ID you specified when downloading the license file, place the license file in the folder called 'licenses' in the CLC Server installation directory. For job and grid node setups, this should be the machine acting as the master node.
- Restart the CLC software.
- ... page2.1
- For CLC Genomics Server 4.5.2 and lower, the URL is http://licensing.clcbio.com/LmxWSv2/GetServerLicenseFile. For server extensions, the URL is https://secure.clcbio.com/LmxWSv3/GetLicenseFile. Details about downloading licenses for server extensions can be found in the manual for each server extension product. To download a license file for a given product, the relevant URL must be used.