In brief, the steps involved are:
- Create a Docker image containing MAFFT.
- Test the Docker image.
- Upload the Docker image to a repository, such as Amazon Elastic Container Repository (AWS ECR) or DockerHub. (Optional)
- Configure a containerized external application, making MAFFT available for users of the CLC Server.
We assume here that the containerized execution environment for the CLC Server has been enabled and configured, as described in Configuring the containerized execution environment. We also assume that docker has been set up on your local system, and that the account being used to set up docker images and test them, as well as the user running the CLC Server process, have permission to run docker.
- Create the Docker image
- Test the Docker image locally
- Upload the Docker image to a repository
- Configure a containerized MAFFT external application