If you are looking for how to set up a CLC License Server, instructions can be found in the CLC License Server manual.
If you are going to set up execution nodes as well, please read Job Distribution first.
- Download and run the server software installer file. When prompted during the installation process, choose to start the server (more).
- Run the license download script distributed with the server software. This script can be found in the installation area of the software. (more). The script will automatically download a license file and place it in the server installation directory under the folder called
- Restart the server (more).
- Ensure the necessary port is open for access by client software for the server. The default port is 7777 .
- Log into the server web administrative interface using a web browser using the username root and password default (more).
- Change the root password (more).
- Configure the authentication mechanism and optionally set up users and groups (more).
- Add data locations (more).
- Check your server setup using the Check set-up tool.
- Your server should now be ready for client software to connect to and use.