The following describes briefly the minimum steps needed to set up a CLC Server, ready for client software to connect to. Links out to more detailed explanations for each step are provided.
- Download the CLC Server installer and run it. When prompted during the installation process, choose to start the server (details).
- Log into the server web administrative interface using a web browser. Use the username root and password default (details).
- Install a license for the software (details).
- Restart the server (details).
- Ensure the necessary port is open for access by client software (details).
- Change the root password (details).
- Configure the authentication mechanism (details). If using the built-it authentication system, users and groups can be set up now or later.
- Add data locations (details).
- Check your server setup using the check setup tool.
- For job node and grid node setups, configure these as described in Job Distribution. After setting up execution nodes, run the check setup tool again and review the report.
If the diagnostic report generated by the check setup tool does not reveal any problems, your CLC Server should be ready for use.