To enable this, a folder named CLC_References must be available on a file system the CLC Server has access to and which the user running the CLC Server process has read and write access to. That folder must then be configured as a file system location, as described in File system locations.
Special conditions exist for a CLC_References file system location:
- All users logged into the CLC Genomics Server can see and use all data stored in CLC_References.
- All users logged into the CLC Genomics Server from a CLC Genomics Workbench can download data to this area using the Workbench Reference Data Manager.
- Only administrative users can delete data in this area using the CLC Genomics Workbench Reference Data Manager.
- No user, including admin users, can delete data stored in this area via the Navigation Area of the CLC Genomics Workbench.
- Data in this area can be deleted via the Element Info tab of the CLC Genomics Server web administrative interface.
- Custom permissions cannot be set on a CLC_References file system location. The checkbox enabling permissions should not be selected. If it is, only administrative users will be able to read or write to this area using the CLC Genomics Workbench Reference Data Manager.
Further information about the Reference Data Manager, including how to select to download to a server file location, can be found in the CLC Genomics Workbench manual: http://resources.qiagenbioinformatics.com/manuals/clcgenomicsworkbench/current/index.php?manual=References_management.html.