When a file system location called CLC_References is configured, CLC Genomics Workbench users logged into the CLC Server can use the Workbench's Reference Data Manager to download reference data resources from QIAGEN and some public repositories and store them on the CLC Server. That data can then be used when running server-based analyses.
The CLC_References folder has the same requirements as any other area configured as a CLC Server file system location (see File system locations).
The following special conditions apply to this area, once established:
- Reading All data stored in CLC_References can be seen by all users logged into the CLC Server.
- Writing Data can be downloaded to this area by any user using the CLC Genomics Workbench Reference Data Manager configured to refer to the server for reference data. This location is otherwise read-only. Data cannot be placed in this area by any user, including admin users, using standard mechanisms such as copy/paste, etc.
- Data in CLC_References can be deleted by admin users via the CLC Genomics Workbench Reference Data Manager configured to refer to the server for reference data. No other users can delete data from this area.
- Data cannot be deleted from this area using standard mechanisms in the CLC Genomics Workbench, such as deleting elements in the Navigation Area, etc.
- Data in this area can be deleted via the Element Info tab of the CLC Server web administrative interface.
- Permissions Custom permissions cannot be set on a CLC_References file system location. The checkbox enabling permissions should not be selected. If it is, only administrative users will be able to read or write to this area using the CLC Genomics Workbench Reference Data Manager.
Further information about the Reference Data Manager, including how to configure it to refer to the CLC_References server file system location, is in the CLC Genomics Workbench manual at: