To visualize several tracks together, they can be combined into a Track List (). Track lists can be created in different ways. One way is via the menu bar:
File | New | Track List ()
Another way is to use the Track Tool Create Track List (). Finally, tracks can be created directly using the button labeled Create Track List that is found in the top right corner of the open track in the view area. Figure 23.3 shows an example of a track list including a track with mapped reads at the top, followed by a variant detection track, and in the lower part of the figure, the reference sequence with CDS annotations.
The track list is designed to be used as a container for multiple tracks for easy visualization and comparative analysis. Therefore all the involved tracks and the track list are required to be present and located in one single location (Workbench or CLC Server). Otherwise, they will be marked as "Unresolved track" in the track list.
- Zooming and navigating track views
- Adding, removing and reordering tracks
- Showing a track in a table
- Open track from a track list in table view
- Finding annotations on the genome
- Extract sequences from tracks
- Creating track lists in workflows