Installation on Linux with an installer
Navigate to the directory containing the installer and execute it. This can be done by running a command similar to:
# sh CLCGenomicsWorkbench_9_0_64.sh.sh
Installing the program is done in the following steps:
- On the welcome screen, click Next.
- Read and accept the License agreement and click Next.
- Choose where you would like to install the application and click Next.
For a system-wide installation you can choose for example /opt or /usr/local. If you do not have root privileges you can choose to install in your home directory.
- Choose where you would like to create symbolic links to the program
DO NOT create symbolic links in the same location as the application.
Symbolic links should be installed in a location which is included in your environment PATH.
For a system-wide installation you can choose for example /usr/local/bin. If you do not have root privileges you can create a 'bin' directory in your home directory and install symbolic links there. You can also choose not to create symbolic links.
- Wait for the installation process to complete and click Finish.
If you choose to create symbolic links in a location which is included in your PATH, the program can be executed by running the command:
Otherwise you start the application by navigating to the location where you choose to install it and running the command: