The Combine Reports tool takes in multiple reports and generates a single report containing summaries and other selected information from the original reports. This tool makes it easy to get an overview for individual samples, by summarizing results from multiple report types, or across samples, by summarizing reports from multiple samples. Using combined reports for individual samples as input to this tool for cross-sample comparison, a comprehensive overview of experimental results can be generated quickly and easily. Outliers in cross-sample report tables are highlighted.
Reports produced by the CLC Genomics Workbench tools listed in Report types supported can be used as input, as can reports generated by some tools delivered by plugins developed by QIAGEN.
To create a combined report, go to:
Toolbox |Quality Control () | Combine Reports ()
In the dialog that opens, select the reports to be combined (figure 26.24).
In the next dialog, configuration options are presented, as shown in figure 26.25:
The configuration options are:
- Reports originate from a single sample Enable this when combining information from different report types pertaining to the same sample. This combined report will be named according to the longest common substring of the supported input reports.
This option cannot be utilized if any of the following conditions exist:
- A substring of length at least 3 common to all supported input report names cannot be found.
- Two or more reports of the same type (i.e. from the same tool) are provided as input.
- At least one of the input reports is a combined report for several samples.
- Show summary information as plots Enable this to display information as box plots instead of tables.
- Include tables for outliers Enable this to add a table after each summary table or box plot, containing the samples that are outliers for that data type. See Combine Reports output for further details.