To download a static license for a machine that does not have direct access to the external network, you can follow the steps below:
- Install the CLC Genomics Workbench on the machine you wish to run the software on.
- Start up the software as an administrative user and find the host ID of the machine that you will run the CLC Workbench on. You can see the host ID the machine reported at the bottom of the License Manager window in grey text.
- Make a copy of this host ID such that you can use it on a machine that has internet access.
- Go to a computer with internet access, open a browser window and go to the relevant network license download web page:
- For workbenches released from January 2013 and later, (e.g. the Genomics Workbench version 6.0 or higher, and the Main Workbench, version 6.8 or higher), please go to:
For earlier workbenches, please go to:
It is crucial that you choose the license download page appropriate to the version of the software you plan to run.
- Paste in your license order ID and the host ID that you noted down in the relevant boxes on the webpage.
- Click 'download license' and save the resulting .lic file.
- Open the Workbench on your non-networked machine. In the Workbench license manager choose 'Import a license from a file'. In the resulting dialog click 'choose license file' to browse the location of the .lic file you have just downloaded.
If the License Manager does not start up by default, you can start it up by going to the Help menu and choosing License Manager.
- Click on the Next button and go through the remaining steps of the license manager wizard.