Starting the installation process is done in the following way: When you have downloaded an installer, locate the downloaded installer and double-click the icon. The default location for downloaded files is your desktop.
Launch the installer by double-clicking on the "CLC Genomics Workbench" icon.
Installing the program is done in the following steps:
- On the welcome screen, click Next.
- Read and accept the License agreement and click Next.
- Choose where you would like to install the application and click Next.
- Choose if CLC Genomics Workbench should be used to open CLC files and click Next.
- Choose whether you would like to create desktop icon for launching CLC Genomics Workbench and click Next.
- Choose if you would like to associate .clc files to CLC Genomics Workbench. If you check this option, double-clicking a file with a "clc" extension will open the CLC Genomics Workbench.
- Wait for the installation process to complete, choose whether you would like to launch CLC Genomics Workbench right away, and click Finish.
When the installation is complete the program can be launched from your Applications folder, or from the desktop shortcut you chose to create. If you like, you can drag the application icon to the dock for easy access.