A network license can only be used when you are connected to the a license server. If you wish to use the Biomedical Genomics Workbench when you are not connected to the CLC License Server, you can borrow an available license for a period of time. During this time, there will be one less network license available on the for other users. The Workbench must have a connection to the CLC License Server at the point in time when you wish to borrow a license.
The procedure for borrowing a license is:
- Go to the Workbench menu option:
Help | License Manager
- Click on the "Borrow License" tab to display the dialog shown in figure 1.20.
- Use the checkboxes at the right hand side of the table in the License overview section of the window to select the license(s) that you wish to borrow.
- Select the length of time you wish to borrow the license(s).
- Click on the button labeled Borrow Licenses.
- Close the License Manager when you are done.
You can now go offline and work with the Biomedical Genomics Workbench. When the time period you borrowed the license for has elapsed, the network license you borrowed is made available again for other users to access. To continue using the Biomedical Genomics Workbench with a license, you will need to connect the Workbench to the network again so it can contact the CLC Licene Server to obtain one.
Note! Your CLC License Server administrator can choose to disable to the option allowing the borrowing of licenses. If this has been done, you will not be able to borrow a network license using your Workbench.