To submit jobs to run on AWS from a CLC Workbench you need:
- A licensed CLC Workbench.
- The CLC Cloud Module installed on the Workbench and licensed (see Installation of modules).
- An AWS Connection configured with AWS IAM user credentials for a user with permission to submit analyses to run on AWS (see Configuring the AWS Connection in the Workbench).
An option called CLC Genomics Cloud is enabled in launch wizards when the setup is ready (see Running analyses on AWS).
If you only wish to browse and access data stored on AWS S3 from your CLC Workbench you need:
- A CLC Workbench with the CLC Cloud Module installed. Licenses for the Workbench and module are not required (see Installation of modules).
- An AWS Connection configured with AWS IAM user credentials with appropriate permissions to work with AWS S3 buckets in your account. These could be the same user credentials used for submitting jobs to run on AWS, or an IAM user with permissions limited to working with files on AWS S3 (see Configuring the AWS Connection in the Workbench).