Data located in the Illumina® BaseSpace environment can be used as input to workflows launched using the Genomics Analysis Portal. The BaseSpace connection must first be configured, as described in BaseSpace configuration.
To start an analysis using data in the Illumina® BaseSpace environment:
- Click on the Access BaseSpace button at the top of the Analyses table. This redirects you to BaseSpace.
- Log in to the relevant BaseSpace account. The first time you log in, you will be asked to grant the Genomics Analysis Portal permission to access your BaseSpace account (basic information and names of projects, samples, etc.) Click on Accept.
- Select the BaseSpace projects to access and click on Next. The first time you access a particular project, you will be asked to grant the Genomics Analysis Portal permission to read data in that project (more specifically to view and download the content of the project). Click on Accept.
- Select the samples to be analyzed.
- In the next step, select the analysis workflow from the drop-down menu.
- Specify a unique sample ID for each of the selected data items, or use the one suggested.
- If you want, you can include a comment. This will be visible from the Sample analysis details panel.
- Click on the Start button when you are ready to submit the workflow.