The Taxonomic Profiling report (figure 7.13) is divided into several sections containing general information about the taxonomic profiling run and databases used.
- Taxonomic summary includes information about which taxonomic levels were found in the data sample and how many different taxa were found on each level.
- Classification of reads summarizes the number of reads in the sample and the number of uniquely mapping reads that match either the reference database, the host genome or were unclassified.
- Reference database summary gives an overview of the reference database.
- Host database summary (optional section) gives an overview of the host reference database.
- Auto-detect paired distances (optional section) gives the paired distance range.