- Open the OTU table in the viewing area.
- In the Data section on the right hand side, select the desired Aggregate feature, for example "Family" or "Genus".
- Select the desired features or use Ctrl+A to select all.
- Click Create Abundance Subtable button at the bottom of the viewing area. This will create a subtable from the selection.
- Save the subtable and use it as input for Create Heat Map for Abundance Table.
The resulting heat map will be grouped based on the selected taxonomic level.