The method used to licensing a Server extension depends on the type of Server setup being used. There are three different server setups.
- Single server setup - A single machine is running the CLC Server software. Jobs are submitted to this server, which receives and executes them. In this setup, a single machine acts both as a master and an executor of jobs. Here, a single static license for the plugin is installed in the CLC Server software.
- Job node setup - More than one machine is running the CLC Server software. The system acting as the master server receives job requests and then submits these jobs to other machines, the job nodes, for execution. Here, a single static license is installed on each machine running the CLC Server software. That is, a static license is installed on the master node and on each job node.
- Grid setup - One machine runs the CLC Server software and receives job requests. It then submits these to a third party scheduler. The scheduler then chooses an appropriate grid machine, or node, to submit a given job to for execution. Here, a a single static license for the plugin is installed on the master server, and the same number of network plugin licenses as there are network gridworker licenses needs to be made available by installing these in the CLC License Server software.
For a more detailed description of the different server setups, please refer to the CLC Server manual at: http://resources.qiagenbioinformatics.com/manuals/clcgenomicsserver/current/admin/index.php?manual=Job_distribution.html.
- Static license installation
- Windows license download
- macOS license download
- Linux license download
- Download a static license on a non-networked machine
- Network license installation