To download a static license for a machine that does not have direct access to the external network, you can follow the steps below after the Server software has been installed.
- Determine the host ID of the machine the server will be running on by running the same tool that would allow you to download a static license on a networked machine. The name of this tool depends on the system you are working on:
- Linux: downloadlicense
- Mac: downloadlicense.command
- Windows: licensedownload.bat
When you run the license download tool, the host ID for the machine you are working on will be printed to the terminal.
- Make a copy of this host ID such that you can use it on a machine that has internet access.
- Go to a computer with internet access, open a browser window and go to the relevant network license download web page:
- Paste in your license order ID and the host ID that you noted down earlier into the relevant boxes on the webpage.
- Click on 'download license' and save the resulting .lic file.
Take this file to the machine with the host ID that you used when downloading the license file. Place it in the folder called 'licenses' that can be found within the CLC Server installation directory.
- Restart the CLC Server software.