You can choose to generate a report with the following summary data for each downloaded database:
- Number of reference genomes before filtering
- Number of reference genomes after filtering
- Number of output sequences
- Database version number
- Date of release of the database on the NCBI Pathogen Detection project's ftp site
- Sequence metadata statistics
- Sequence taxonomy statistics, including the amount of entries without taxonomy information.
It is possible to edit the missing or incorrect taxonomic entries in the sequence list table manually by right-clicking on the field to be added or edited, or by using the Set Up Microbial Reference Database tool (see Set Up Microbial Reference Database).
It is also possible to merge multiple reference genome databases to add genomes of interest that are not present in the online database, as well as to delete a reference genome from a pathogen reference genome database when references are not relevant to the analysis or when they are of poor quality.
The date of each full database download, as well as the ftp address of the root of the source NCBI Pathogen Detection Project database will be included in the log of the tool and in the history of the downloaded files such that users can locate the downloaded files on NCBI's ftp site again at a later time.